902 Hip Hop is a music publishing company that aims to shine a bright spotlight on local musicians creating a name for themselves in Nova Scotia. The recent growth of the company has given them an opportunity to expand into new waters in US markets. In order for them to put their best foot forward, they needed spank’n new branding and a website to reflect the quality of their artists’ music.
Having a long-standing relationship with owner Melissa Macmaster and the artists she represents gave us a head start in creating the brand world. After collaborating with many of the artists on the roster on previous efforts, it allowed us to have a deep-rooted understanding of their product from the start.
Early brainstorming sessions helped to identify the keys to creating a successful brand for 902 Hip Hip:
- The artist makes kick-ass music.
- Artist shares music online.
- 902 Hip Hop attends conferences and events to connect with bigwigs.
- Industry bigwigs go to the website to validate the product.
- The website makes it easy to learn about the artists and find the music they want to license.
- Artists get paid, everyone’s happy 🙂
Our job was to make this process as seamless as possible while positioning 902 Hip Hop as a global brand.
In doing so, we wanted to avoid all of the cliché iconography that tends to come with the Maritimes –
Dose never disappoints, their ability to bring your idea to life not only meets your expectations but over exceeds them.
Rampants in design
Anchors in design
How awesome is that